The pressure is on. This is one holiday you simply cannot mess up. So how do you make sure that you stay within budget and that your honeymoon still delivers? These are some of our top tips.
1. €€€ Cut down on travelling time and the cost of long-haul flights. It is currently cheaper to travel to Europe than it has been for years so make the most of it.
2. If budget is an issue, avoid the more obvious destinations such as the south of France and the Amalfi Coast and make tracks instead for lesser-known Italian regions such as the Cilento or the Basilicata where accommodation is cheaper and restaurant food is a fraction of the price of the glitzier destinations.
3. Don’t economise on rooms. The difference in room prices can be minimal so make your stay memorable with a special room – whether that means a sea-facing terrace, slipper bath or room with a view.
4. Combine several destinations to make your holiday seem longer. Car rental may not be necessary - travelling by train in Italy is easy, quite economical and generally hassle-free if planned well.
5. Spice up your trip with something special, whether a private excursion, tickets to the opera or a mini-cruise.